- Adds new Facebook, Twitter, Forum and Blog Links
- Fixes DRM issues with License Checks offline
- Adds Plot Course Button for Ships
- Adds Plot Course Button for Stashes
- Adds 2 New Merchant Ship (Royal Freighter)
- Adds 1 New Smuggler Ship (Royal Cutter)
- Adds 2 New Pirate Ships (Dark Rake)
- Fixes a Bug with Acknowledge Button, Trade Permits, Warships and Negative Reputation between -7 and -11
- Fixes Agility and Speed Display in Ship List
Friday, May 27, 2011
A new version of Star Traders RPG has been released to the Android Market!
Posted by Cory Trese at 7:52 PM
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Monday, May 23, 2011
CyberKnights RPG Interface Help, Part II
The CyberKnight's heads up display (HUD) is substantially more complex than the Star Traders display which shows date, fuel and waypoint.
A: Portrait / Status Menu
Click this image to open the main status page for the current character.
B: Health / Mental Level Bars
The red bar shows the current Cyberknight's health and the green bar shows mental condition.
C: Equipment Menu Button
Launches the Equipment page for the current character.
D: Computer Menu Button
Launches the Computer page for the team.
E: Heat Bar
Shows the team's current Heat in the ever-present surveillance system of New Boston. Heat is bad news for any CyberKnight and causes less Karma, worse encounters, more combats, Nano thieves, Matrix hyper-demons and other horrible stuff.
- Reduce heat with safehouses, hideouts and hotels
F: Job Map / City Map Button
Shows the team's current position as a yellow square, any active job as a dark red square and a job + current position as a bright red square. Click the Job Map to launch the City Map.
G: Credits and Karma Display
Show's the team's current credits and the current CyberKnight's Karma points.
H: Zoom and Hide HUD Buttons
Zoom the map and hide the HUD buttons, for your convenience.
Posted by Cory Trese at 10:35 AM
Sunday, May 22, 2011
A new version of Star Traders RPG has been released to the Android Market.
Featuring a number of significant improvements, v3.6.20 should have something for every player to appreciate.
- Added Full Dry Dock Ship List to Status Menu
- Added Full Stash List to Status Menu
- Fixed Menu Display in Landscape
- Fixed Award Text Description For Hardcore I
- Fixed Award Text Description For Hardcore II
- Fixed Award Text Description For Hardcore III
- Fixed Award Text Description For Perfect Contracts I
- Fixed Award Text Description For Perfect Contracts II
- Improved payment system for Capture Contracts
- Improved payment system for Destroy Contracts
- Improved reputation penalty protection for Death Warrant
- Improved payment bonus for Death Warrant
- Fixes to Smuggler Records Bugs with Independent Blockades
- Removed XOOM Crashes on Zoom Map
- Removed poor XOOM performance on main map
- Improved Tablet Performance and Rendering
New Ship Listing System
Posted by Cory Trese at 12:57 PM
Brand New Merchant Player Guide
Our friend Slayer(NZ) put up an excellent post about Star Traders RPG techniques:
I definitely think it is worth a read regarding one way to advance up the difficulty ladder.
Posted by Cory Trese at 9:43 AM
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
A new version of the Android game Star Traders RPG has been uploaded to the Android market.
Version 3.6.17 fixes and improves the following
- Xoom Zoom Map Crash Fixed
- Improves Tablet UI
- All Space Combats Limited to 999 Turns
- Added Ship Images (Both) To Victory Screen
- Added Ship Stats Display to Combat Victory Screen
- Fixed Several Typos
- Fixed Status Menu Crashes in Elite
Don't forget your officers!
Posted by Cory Trese at 4:32 PM
Friday, May 13, 2011
The first post-Google IO 2011 Star Traders RPG release has been uploaded to the Android Market both in the Free and Elite Editions!
- New Resource Artwork from Andrew
- 3 New Alien Ships from Cory
- Major Changes to Memory Manager for Images (Improved Performance, Less Crashes)
- Fixed Several Force Closes
- Fixed Award Description for Blackheart
- Fixed Pirate Evade Cause Loss of Death Warrant
- Improved Fuel Efficiency Calculator Again (Rounding Bugs)
- Fixed ST RPG Bugs with Dialogs & Full Screen (not present in Elite)
- Fixed Some Game Text
- Added Ship Statistic Artwork to Ship Stats Page
- Fixed Some Performance Issues on Main Map
- Improved Performance and Layouts for Tablets
- Improved Main Menu Performance / Display Issues for All Screens
Don't forget to fire those torps!
Posted by Cory Trese at 10:27 AM
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
• The actions that cause the largest drops in Reputation are hostile Combat, Destroying a Ship (during Combat or on the Combat Victory Screen), and illegal Trade. So avoid these!• Take Contracts from the Spice Hall. (Slow, but most likely to be available)• Surveillance/Blockade the enemy during a Spy Battle.• Sell Artifacts/Weapons/Electronics/Records to the other Faction during a Trade Alliance. (Fast, but never know how long it will be until a useful Trade Alliance appears. In the meantime, Cache these items when possible.)• Buy (Purchase or Trade-In) a new Ship. Doesn't increase the Reputation, but does clear the Criminal Warrants & Pirate flags, which will temporarily significantly decrease hostile encounters making it easier to accomplish the above actions. (Only works for Buy Ship from a Star Dock, not Take Ship as Spoils of War or switching to a Dry Docked Ship.)
Posted by Cory Trese at 1:16 AM
Monday, May 9, 2011
Another bugfix release of our Android game, Star Traders RPG is available on the Android Market!
Just point your browser or Android handset to https://market.android.com/details?id=com.corytrese.games.startraderselite to download the newest update:
- Fixes Option Names (from http://startradersrpg.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=rules&action=display&thread=590)
- Fixed Bugs with Awards (from http://www.facebook.com/pages/Star-Traders-RPG/125211237542726)
- Improved Fuel Use Calc (from http://startradersrpg.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=rules&action=display&thread=601)
- Improves Star Traders Rumor to increase the number of additional ships
- Improves Star Traders Rumor to increase the number of additional upgrades
- Improves Mercenary Units Rumor to increase the number of additional Crew
- Improves Spice Traders Rumor to increase the number of Spice Units (from http://startradersrpg.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=604)
- Improves Spice Traders Rumor to increase the number of Spice Trader Rumors
- Improves Spice Traders Rumor to increase the number of Spice Traders Contracts
Ever want to captain your own spaceship? With Star Traders RPG Elite--an engaging, entertaining, and challenging role playing game for your Android device--the ship is all yours. Once your captain information is set up, you're immediately thrown into the captain's seat, and the responsibility of the ship and crew is on your shoulders. Packed full of features, Star Traders RPG Elite provides more than 80 unique starcrafts, 40 plus planets to explore, extensive growth possibilities, and a plethora of enemies to battle, pillage, and enslave.
Posted by Cory Trese at 1:17 AM
Saturday, May 7, 2011
Each Independent Spacers belong to no Faction. There are almost as many Independent Planets as all of the Factions added together. Each makes up his own mind – no Rank, Reputation, Trade Permit, or Death Warrant can tell him what to do. He'll fight whom he pleases, when he pleases, and suffer the consequences with all Factions. None will defend him or his home. He stands in
defense of no one. Independent Spacers measure a Captain's worth on the here and now – not the Rank or Reputation reported by some distant database. They will not be intimidated, but they are impressed by Experienced Captains with a happy Crew.
- Civilized Planets (RPG): Rinze Mining Camp
- Fringe Planets (RPG): Aro Prime, Bellix-Free II, Delta Hydri-3, Epsilon-Indi-2, Kalflange Outpost, Kinngott Outpost, Outer Reach, Refuge Camp, Rift-Leporis 4
- Feral Planets (RPG): Aalamotlirgoz, Caabhosi, Callumus II, Notlatach, Ugolhush, Ulzsa-makisk, Zat, Ogotthana
- Civilized Planets (Elite): Caldora, Chalicstine, Rinze Mining Camp, Roavin, Traneldor B
- Fringe Planets (Elite): Altairus, Aro Prime, Bellix-Free II, Blastblink, Cross-9X33 Delta Hydri-3, Epsilon-Indi-2, Ggett II, Gloomhorn, Ileigth Beta, Kalflange Outpost, Kapteyn Gammat, Kinngott Outpost, Kinoaonas-Five, Marquette Alpha, Ogvidisso-B, Opix IV, Outer Reach, Refuge Camp, Rift-Leporis 4, Tapella Outpost
- Feral Planets (Elite): Aalamotlirgoz, Bothax 3, Caabhosi, Callumus II, Caltharame, Dax Fendura, Dire Caltakus, Dire Gotuath, Dire Kinaohasthos, Duskrip, Endividius, Ghactllli, Hellarc, Ihaca-3, Infernus, Kikone Third, Notlatach, Sothaortatul Gamma, Terrox, Thonas035, Ugolhush, Ulzsa-makisk, Zat Ogotthana
Features: Each Independent Planet self-governing & each Independent Captain is autonomous. So there are no features of a central government (e.g., Conflicts & Alliances, Trade Permits, Rank, Reputation). The wise Captain knows how to use this to her advantage.
The number of Independent Worlds increased after the Templar Assault began and the primary Fleet of Law departed the Sector in 002.45AE
Posted by Cory Trese at 1:11 AM
Thursday, May 5, 2011
One of the most powerful Syndicates, the De Valtos leadership controls the sole elected position in the Quadrant – the all-powerful Board of Directors President. By means of their control of the Syndicate Board, they are granted license to operate the Syndicate Capital.
- Civilized Planets (RPG): De Valtos Prime, Syndicate Core
- Fringe Planets (RPG): none
- Feral Planets (RPG): none
- Civilized Planets (Elite): De Valtos Prime, Ryelline Ganne, Syndicate Core
- Fringe Planets (Elite): Antronin, Butakov Prime, Valtos Marquiss
- Feral Planets (Elite): Dire Oblivious
- Features: Best Economy, 5% more Contracts to Syndicate Capital City than other cities.
Posted by Cory Trese at 1:10 AM
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
A great number of people, corporations, groups, web sites and service providers have enabled Trese Brother's software to form. Here is a short list of some of the ones we'd like to thank:
- Google (www.google.com) Has supported Android and Android developers with a wealth of free services and support.
- Eclipse Foundation (http://www.eclipse.org/) Has supported Java and Java developers the world over for more than a decade and still going strong.
- Servers Direct (http://www.serversdirect.com/) Built and integrated the workstations that we use to make our games.
- Gunnar Optiks (http://gunnars.com) Create the custom LCD and digital technology eyewear that our engineers use to reduce eyestrain during 20 coding marathons.
- Network Solutions (http://www.networksolutions.com) Hosts our primary web site and e-mail servers with rapid support, low cost and easy to use web tools.
- ProBoards (http://www.proboards.com) Hosts our player's forum and
Posted by Cory Trese at 9:46 AM
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Trese Brother's Software: Star Traders RPG: "Product Description Cruise the galaxy in this turn-based strategy, role-playing game
Enjoy 5 unique skills, 6 character classes, and 100..."
Enjoy 5 unique skills, 6 character classes, and 100..."
We added a nice blog page about Star Traders RPG
Posted by Cory Trese at 4:20 PM
Monday, May 2, 2011
The Global Matrix
The megacorporations operate behind a curtain of digital cover, manipulating the people and the truth through the propaganda and cybernetic network known as The Global Matrix.
The true nature of the Matrix is far fro
m what they would have you believe -- it is not a tightly controlled system. The Matrix a battlefield just like the streets. With less rules, in may ways, if you can believe it.
The average corporate citizen uses the standard SenseTouchHoloMatrix Window UI but that isn't where the real power of the Matrix is. Cyberknights and Net Hacks alike make use of highly modified portable computers capable of accessing the source codes and protocols of the network directly.
This prompt shows that the user has connected to the Host, but has not logged onto the Host's Matrix Windows Interface (HMWI)
This prompt shows that the user has connected to the host and can operate as a guest account on the Host.
This prompt shows that the user has connected to the host and is operating as a valid (or hacked) user account.
This prompt shows that the user has connected to the host as an administrator user.
Be warned, however, security is tight for even authorized users.
Posted by Cory Trese at 7:38 PM
Sunday, May 1, 2011
The newest edition of Star Traders RPG (both Elite and Free) is being uploaded to the Android Market!
- Increases Ship Maximum for Elite to 20 Ships per Captain
- Increases Ship Database Performance
- Fixes Memory Exhaustion for some ROM on main menu
- Fixes Merchant Trade Crash
- Fixes Smuggler Trade Crash
- Improving Main Map Performace
- Fixed Agility Display on Status Menu
- Fixed Speed Display on Status Menu
- Adds Speed/Agility Display to Victory Screen
- Adds Speed/Agility Display to Dry Dock
- Adds Speed/Agility Display to ShipYard
- Adds 12 New Ship Designs
- Adds 6 New Templar Ships
- Increase Value of Starting Ships by $10,000
- Increase Value of Unlock Starting Ships by additional $7,000
- 2 New Insane/Impossible Ships
- 1 New Crazy/Insane/Impossible Ship
- New Star Traders RPG Page
Posted by Cory Trese at 12:39 AM